IP Law Breakfast Forum: Current issues in consumer law and why privilege matters for business
Tuesday, 26 September 2017
Level 29 Northpoint
100 Miller Street
North Sydney, 2060
Griffith Hack CPD seminar - substantive law
Briefing: 8am - 9am
We are pleased to invite you to our law CPD breakfast forum where our IP specialists will discuss:
Session 1: Current issues in Consumer Law
- What the ACCC and the courts have recently found to be misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Current priorities of the ACCC – is your industry being targeted?
- Avoiding unfair contract terms – what contracts and terms are covered?
- Advertising and promoting your business across social media without breaching the ACL.
Session 2: The importance of privilege
- How to explain privilege, and why it is important, to the business.
- Ensuring that communications that are privileged, stay privileged.
- Communicating legal advice to the business, the board and third parties.
- Dealing with internal investigations.
- What to do if a regulator requests access to privileged documents.
The breakfast forum will provide attendees with one substantive law point.
Who should attend?
In-house counsel and IP leaders.
Please feel free to forward this invitation to your marketing, branding and innovation colleagues who might also be interested in attending.
To RSVP please email: firstname.lastname@example.org