An investment to protect
A drug’s journey from clinical trials to regulatory approval and commercialisation can take more than a decade and $1 billion. Having an IP strategy in place from day one is essential for pharmaceutical companies to establish ownership and maximise return on this substantial investment.
Our attorneys stay up to date with the latest technology developments and many have significant research or industry experience. This enables us to provide a comprehensive service in protecting our clients’ innovations.
Our pharmaceuticals team is a combination of patent attorneys, litigation and commercial lawyers, and patent searching professionals who have relevant experience and expertise in all matters relating to pharmaceutical innovation.
Our team is dedicated to providing our pharmaceutical clients with expert services and advice, including:
- Drafting, filing and prosecuting patents;
- managing patent portfolios;
- patent oppositions;
- applying, and defending, extensions of term of Australian patents;
- validity and infringement opinions;
- patent infringement and novelty searches;
- strategic advice on commercial transactions, including assignments, licences and joint ventures;
- watching services; and
- enforcing and defending patents.