Targeting headaches - avoiding the pain of misleading and deceptive conduct
Thursday, 22 September 2016
12.30pm - 1.30pm
Following recent high profile decisions involving the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC), including findings that Nurofen specific pain products were misleading, we would like to invite you to discuss recent cases and consider how organisations can remain vigilant about the Australian Consumer Law (ACL).
Our specialist law team will provide insight into:
- What the ACCC and the Courts have recently found to be misleading and deceptive conduct
- Current priorities of the ACCC – is your industry being targeted?
- Consumer guarantees and recent ACCC findings about representations made to customers about faulty products
- How to work with your marketing teams to ensure advertising, labelling and product packaging is ACL compliant
- Broader ‘costs’ to brands stemming from ACCC investigations
Earn 1 CPD point for Substantive Law by attending this seminar.
Who should attend?
In-house counsel. The aim of the seminar is to help build the bridge between legal and branding - please feel free to invite your colleagues from marketing, branding and innovation departments.
12pm for a 12.30 start to 1.30pm
A buffet lunch will be provided