Trade Marks Law Update
Thursday, 11 May 2017
7.45am - 9am
300 Queen St
Join Kellie Stonier to discuss recent developments in trade marks law including:
- Lodestar Anstalt v Campari America LLC  - is a mere licence to use a trade mark without any control in practice sufficient?
- Insight Radioloy Pty Ltd v Insight Clinical Imaging Pty Ltd  and Crescent Funds Management (Aust) Ltd v Crescent Capital Partners Management Pty Ltd  FCAFC 2 - learnings from disputes over similar marks for similar services.
- Accor Australia & New Zealand Hospitality Pty Ltd v Liv Pty Ltd  - are you using a composite mark or two separate marks in proximity to each other?
- Clipsal Australia Pty Ltd v Clipso Electrical Pty Ltd (No 3) & (No 4)  - cost implications for a product name designed to confuse and exploit another's reputation.
- Homart Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd v Careline Australia Pty Ltd  - successful claim for misleading and deceptive 'get up'.
To register to attend please contact Lucy McInally at firstname.lastname@example.org.