Adding value to your start up through Intellectual Property
Thursday, 24 October 2019
5.30pm - 7pm
100 Miller St
North Sydney, 2060
New South Wales
Griffith Hack is excited to be participating in this year's Spark Festival - Australia’s largest event for startups, innovators and entrepreneurs - by hosting an event workshop and IP expert speed dating.
Whether it’s a new invention, a brand name or a song you’ve written, there are IP considerations you need to be aware of from the genesis of a business. The more you know, the better equipped you’ll be to get the most out of what you’ve created either by yourself, with co-founders or when engaging with IP professionals.
If you can harness it correctly or cleverly, IP can deliver significant value and differentiation to your business.
The workshop, specifically designed for the Spark Festival, will be broken down in to a number of short interactive presentations covering:
- What is Intellectual Property?
- The importance of identifying and capturing IP early in your start up
- Is your idea worth protecting?
- Raising money from your IP
- Can IP help you stay ahead of the competition?
- Protecting your brand – the importance of considering trade marks in your marketing strategy
- How to choose a good Trade Mark?
What is your IP worth
- How can you make money from my IP
- Tax incentives and grants for research and development
- How to be investor ready – what angels look for before investing in a start up
We know the importance of networks within the start-up community. As the largest filer of patent applications for Australian applicants and a major filer of Australian trade marks, Griffith Hack has strong community connections and bring this experience to support the future of innovation and see the big picture.
Our workshop will provide you with an opportunity to interact with our IP professionals "speed dating style" and give you the opportunity to network and make new connections.