Designing for the future: the value of design protection - Sydney
Tuesday, 26 November 2019
7am - 9am
Expression of Interest
L 29, 100 Miller Street
North Sydney , 2060
One of the avenues available to todays’ innovator to help realise this, is through design protection. But does design protection make sense for you? Can it work as part of a broader IP protection strategy? And what about the courts – how have they dealt with design protection litigation in Australia?
We are thrilled to invite you to an upcoming ‘think-tank’ where we will explore these questions and more, including:
- Your registered design – protecting your aesthetic appeal
- Even the prosaic may be distinctive – you may be surprised
- Beware the Shark (Tank) – keep it mum
- Asserting your designs - and resisting others
- Understanding the Design Corpus – what is the context and scope of the design?
- Designing the Application - Capturing the Unique Design Features
- The Value of Design Rights – Complementing your IP portfolio
- Practical Case Studies – Unpacking the Theory
Who should attend?
Specifically targeted at inventors, R&D, IP and legal professionals.
In addition to insights shared by Principals Robert Wulff and Andrew Goatcher, the session will also feature a brief Q&A segment so attendees can ask questions relevant to their business. This event will contribute towards legal and patent attorney CPD points, and includes a light breakfast before the presentation.
Spots are limited so please register your interest and a Griffith Hack team member will be in touch via email.