Anthony Selleck is an Australian and New Zealand patent attorney specialising in protecting innovations in the software, networking and telecommunications industries.
Anthony has particular expertise in navigating the evolving requirements applying to patents for software-related inventions both in Australia and overseas. He has secured and defended patent rights over these technologies for clients spanning individual inventors, start-up companies and multi-national corporations.
Anthony’s patent practice is concentrated primarily in the areas of applied mathematics (including algorithms, modelling and simulation), artificial intelligence, data analytics, cryptography, computer networks and telecommunications protocols. Areas of particular expertise include machine learning across a variety of domains (including medical imaging and mining and construction), video encoding, digital signal processing, data modulation, user interfaces, web applications and industrial/manufacturing processes. Anthony’s practice also encompasses patent office hearings (particularly to address patentable subject matter objections) and patent opposition proceedings (having experience in mechanical and environmental technologies and computer software fields). Anthony also practices in registered designs, related to filing, enforcing and advising on infringement/validity issues.
- Bachelor of Science (Computer Science and Mathematics), University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Queensland
- Master of Laws, University of Melbourne
- Registered Patent Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
- Victorian and Queensland Legal Practitioner
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Fellow, Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia