Christian Schieber is a patent and trade marks attorney based in Sydney.
With over 30 years in IP in Europe and Australia, Christian has the know-how and experience to provide clients tailored IP strategy advice and guidance on the ins and outs of patent, trade mark and design law. Christian makes it his business to truly understand his clients and the environment in which they operate.
Christian advises local and international companies in various technology fields and industries including manufacturing, telecommunications, consumer goods, mining, food, building and construction and transport. Christian specialises in patenting strategy and portfolio management across multiple jurisdictions, including the drafting and successful prosecution of patents before IPAU, EPO and USPTO.
As part of a holistic approach to IP management, Christian provides local and international clients freedom to operate (FTO) and competitor product infringement assessments. He also regularly assesses patent infringement allegations brought against clients, and has assisted international clients in defending Federal Court infringement proceedings.
Christian is a member of the European Patent Institute (EPI) and a registered representative to act before the European Patent Office (EPO) as well as a TM and Designs attorney in front of the European Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
- Masters of Aeronautical and Space Technology Engineering, University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Registered Patent and Trade Mark Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
- Registered Trade Mark Attorney (Germany)
- Professional Representative before EPO (EP Attorney)
- Professional Representative before EUIPO (EU Trade Mark and Designs Attorney)
- Member, Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)