David Braund is a patent attorney based in Sydney.
David joins Griffith Hack following a career as a design and mechanical engineer for two leading Australian medical device companies. David’s experience, including that as an inventor for several medical device products, highlighted to him the significant impact IP rights play in product design.
David’s particular experience in the design process means he is fully aware of how designs can be challenged by competitors. As a patent attorney he is now able to share his experience when working with clients looking to protect their IP.
David has recently completed a Masters of IP Law at the University of Melbourne.
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science – Griffith University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) – Queensland University of Technology
- Diploma of Polymer Technology – TAFE New South Wales
- Master of Intellectual Property Law – University of Melbourne
- Registered Patent Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
- Member – Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys Australia (IPTA)