Gavin Adkins is a lawyer and registered patent and trade marks attorney based in Melbourne.
Gavin’s practice centres around IP litigation and commercial legal advice building on his previous experience as a prosecuting patent attorney and technical background in chemistry. Gavin’s aim is to come to grips with the technology, commercial landscape and legal challenges quickly and move on to providing pragmatic and candid advice.
In his previous roles and during his time at Griffith Hack, he has assisted clients with litigation raising issues in patents, registered designs, trade marks, the Australian Consumer Law, contractual disputes and copyright infringement.
Gavin has been published in leading industry journals, written chapters in IP reference texts and received university prizes for his academic performance. Additionally, he is often asked for his insights by leading publications such as IAM Magazine and Managing IP.
- Master of Industrial Property – University of Technology Sydney
- Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Science (Chemistry) – La Trobe University
- Admitted to the Courts of Victoria
- Solicitor of the High Court and Federal Court of Australia
- Registered Patent and Trade Mark Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
- Member, Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Member, Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- Member, Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA)
- Leading Contentious Intellectual Property Lawyer, Doyle’s Guide, 2022
- Rising Star, Managing Intellectual Property, 2018-19