Jacqueline Simpkin is a lawyer based in Melbourne.
Jacqueline has worked in intellectual property law since 2020 and has been involved in a number of matters ranging from patent, design and trade mark litigation, commercial licensing and agreements, intellectual property valuations and competition and consumer law matters.
Prior to completing her qualifications in law and chemistry at Monash University, Jacqueline was a student of dentistry, successfully completing the first two years of a five-year degree program before changing career direction. Jacqueline worked as a pathology nurse alongside her university studies, and has a particular interest in medical innovations.
With a degree in chemistry, Jacqueline is also engaged in the synthesis and commercialisation of new chemical agents, including in the agricultural, biomedicine and materials sciences fields. Jacqueline also has experience with energy and resources technologies having worked with relevant policies for the Victorian Government.
- Bachelor of Laws (with Honours) – Monash University – 2019
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry) – Monash University – 2018
- Certificate IV in Pathology – Holmesglen Institute
- Australian Legal Practitioner
- Monash University, Patents Law, First-placed student, 2018