Jacqui Thomas is a registered patent and trade marks attorney based in Perth.
Jacqui drafts and prosecutes patent applications. She enjoys assisting clients in a range of technology areas but has particular experience and expertise with electrical, electronic and software patents.
Jacqui’s recent research has focused on developing thin films for green house filtering which is a multidisciplinary research area covering electronic thin film fabrication and agriculture. Her prior research also involved clean-room fabrication to investigate the correlation of material properties to a signal from a laser beam induced current (LBIC) machine. Jacqui has worked with clients over numerous years, and knows the value of working together to achieve outcomes.
Jacqui is an active member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), currently Vice-Chair of the WA Section of the IEEE. She has also been the Chair of the Young Professionals in WA & Auckland & the Vice-Chair of the IEEE Women in Engineering WA, as well as Chairing the Edith Cowan University Student Branch in 2019 of which she is now a mentor.
Jacqui is also becoming involved in industry mentoring through IEEE, and is a Member of the Institute of Engineers Australia.
- Master of Intellectual Property – University of Technology Sydney
- Graduate Certificate of Intellectual Property – University of Technology Sydney
- Registered Patent Attorney, Australia and New Zealand
- Registered Trade Marks Attorney, Australia
- Masters of Science by Research – Edith Cowan University
- Graduate Diploma of Engineering Science – Edith Cowan University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical/Electronic)(Hons) – University of Western Australia
- Vice-Chair (WA section), Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
- Member, Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia
- Member, Institute of Engineers Australia
- Member of Licensing Executives Society of Australia & New Zealand (LESANZ)