Jessie Shu is a lawyer based in Sydney.
Jessie is interested in helping clients maximise the value of their intellectual property. She enjoys designing and delivering robust brand protection strategies and programs for her clients that are specifically tailored to their commercial needs and interests. She also appreciates that the law of IP can be confusing to navigate. She aims to cut through all the jargon, and provide clients with simple, easy to understand and practical legal advice.
At Griffith Hack, Jessie assists both local and international clients with their trade marks, specialising in the protection, enforcement and defence of trade marks in Australia, New Zealand other foreign jurisdictions. She advises client in a variety of sectors, including fashion, banking, technology, and food and beverage. Jessie also assists on contentious intellectual property matters, specifically in the realm of trade mark law.
Jessie has previously worked as a dispute resolution lawyer at a major global law firm, gaining invaluable experience in complex commercial disputes, regulatory enforcement and internal investigations.
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours Class I) – University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Media (PR and Advertising) with Distinction – University of New South Wales
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice – College of Law
- Exchange Program – University of California, UC Hastings
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia