Karen Sinclair is a patent and trade marks attorney based in Melbourne.
Dynamic and energetic, Karen is passionate about strategically protecting, managing and commercialising client’s innovation in Australia and abroad. Karen provides advice across patent and trade mark portfolios for a diverse range of start-up and SME businesses in addition to well-known global multinationals in the chemical and pharmaceutical fields.
A key element to Karen’s approach, is to help give clients the perspective required to turn their IP into a working portfolio of assets which delivers commercial outcomes, enhances their competitive position and aligns with the business’s overall objectives. “I love seeing my clients’ products on the shelf.”
Technically qualified in chemistry and life sciences and with 30 years’ experience as a patent and trade marks attorney, Karen has extensive experience in medical and biodegradable polymers, feminine and infant hygiene products, product formulation, consumer health care and nutraceuticals, vaccine technology and diagnostic methods.
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry) – Monash University
- Executive Program, Biotechnology: Strategies for Management of Intellectual Property – Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management (USA)
- Company Director’s Course – Australia Institute of Company Directors
- Registered Patent and Trade Mark Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
- Member, Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)