Kellie Stonier is a lawyer and trade marks attorney, and the practice group leader of our Law & Trade Marks team.
Kellie’s strong reputation for maintaining, protecting and enforcing her client’s IP rights extends beyond Australia, with many international clients entrusting her to advise on their brand protection issues and trade marks disputes in Australia.
Kellie’s track record working for major brands and on high stakes matters has earned her recognition as a leading intellectual property lawyer in Legal 500 Asia Pacific and Doyle’s Guide; a leading Enforcement and Litigation IP professional in the World Trademark Review; and a “Rising Star” in IP at Euromoney Legal Media Group’s Australasian Women in Business Law Awards.
Qualified as both a lawyer and trade marks attorney, Kellie has particular experience in IP portfolio management and contentious trade mark, copyright and competition & consumer law matters opposition and revocation proceedings, international brand protection, clearance and enforcement matters. She manages clients across a range of sectors including travel, FMCG, pharmaceuticals and industrial products.
Kellie’s experience covers the full spectrum of IP in both transactional and contentious work, from the widely recognised areas of patents and trade marks through to novel categories such as plant breeders’ rights. Her patent litigation experience is primarily in the engineering, mechanical and software industries.
Based in Queensland, Kellie understands the nature of the market and invests the time to get to know her clients’ businesses. She is passionate about IP and recognises that advancements in technology and innovation by clients means IP is a dynamic and interesting area of law.
It is important to understand the nature of your clients’ business to appreciate their priorities and goals so that advice provided to clients is practical and of commercial value.Kellie Stonier
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) – University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Commerce – University of Queensland
- Master of Laws in Intellectual Property – University of Melbourne
- Registered Trade Marks Attorney
- Notary Public
- Enforcement Committee Member – International Trademark Association (INTA)
- National Committee Member – Intellectual Property Society of Australia & New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- Member – Business Law Section (IP) – Law Council of Australia
- Member – Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)