Kerry specialises in the patenting of mechanical inventions ranging from small gadgetry and tools to large scale machinery.
A strong area of focus is automotive inventions, where she works across the full spectrum of automotive innovation including engines, gearboxes, differentials, suspension systems, glazing and sealing, and vehicle safety systems.
Kerry’s 13 years’ experience in engineering has seen her work for some of the world’s leading car manufacturers such as Land Rover, BMW, Mini, Chevrolet and GM Holden. While the automotive manufacturing industry in Australia is experiencing a lull, Kerry says innovation is still buzzing, especially in the companies that previously supplied the big OEMs. “There is a wealth of people with skill and engineering know-how still inventing and creating world class products here in Australia, we just need to get those products onto the global stage and explore new commercial opportunities.”
- Master of Laws (Juris Doctor) - Monash University
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice - Leo Cussen Institute
- Master of Laws (Intellectual Property) - Monash University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Automotive Engineering) (Honours) – University of Hertfordshire, UK
- Registered Patent and Trade Mark Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
- Chartered Engineer - MIMechE