Dr Peter Brown is a registered patent attorney based in Sydney.
Peter specialises in the patenting of inventions in the field of biotechnology, including inventions relating to molecular biology, medical diagnostics, immunology, microbiology, cellular biology, protein chemistry and biochemistry. Peter’s expertise includes patent strategy advice, drafting and prosecuting of patent applications, patentability advice, freedom to operate searching and advice, and patent oppositions.
Peter has extensive research experience including post-doctoral research at Washington University in St Louis, USA and the Centre for Immunology, St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney. His extensive research experience in microbiology, molecular biology, immunology and cell biology provides him an in depth understanding of his clients’ technology.
Peter’s clients include Australian universities, institutes and small to medium size companies. He also has a large international practice comprising multinational firms.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Physics) – University of Cambridge, UK
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice – College of Law, UK
- Bachelor of Natural Sciences (Honours) – University of Cambridge, UK
- Leading Individual, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2019-21
- PhD (University of Sydney)
- Registered Trans-Tasman Patent Attorney