Preston is passionate about the life sciences industry, especially in biotechnology and medical technology. With a solid scientific research background, Preston has a strong ability to translate technical language into simplified terms. He continues to use this ability while working with both local and overseas clients by communicating sometimes difficult to understand patent processes in an easy to comprehend manner.
Preston's experience includes, preparing and prosecuting patent applications, patentability, infringement and validity opinions, with a specialty in the biotechnology and the life sciences field (biochemistry, molecular biology, glycobiology, microbiology and immunology) and also in the medical technology field. Preston has experience in key jurisdictions including Australia, New Zealand, the United States and Europe.
Prior to pursuing a qualification as a trans-tasman patent and trade mark attorney, Preston spent over 8 years in medical research with research projects focused in the fields of glycobiology, biochemistry and molecular biology. Preston completed a PhD at the Institute for Glycomics Griffith University.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Microbiology, Biochemistry and Glycobiology) - Institute for Glycomics, Griffith University
- Masters of Science (Biotechnology) - University of Queensland
- Master of Intellectual Property Law - University of Technology Sydney
- Bachelor of Science - Monash University, Malaysia
Registered Patent and Trade Mark Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
- Registered Malaysia Patent Agent