“The rapid rise and expansion of Australian brands in the international market has seen the need for an legally effective and commercially driven protection strategy”
Protecting trade marks outside of Australia can be comparatively a more expensive and challenging exercise than in Australia. However, it has become increasingly important for clients to put an international trade mark strategy in place early to ensure they can be, and remain, competitive in what are often cut throat and unforgiving industries.
Shannon's direct and thorough approach helps clients to devise an appropriate protection strategy for their brands, taking account of their needs and resources.
Having previously worked in both private practice and at the New Zealand Trade Marks Office, Shannon has an in-depth and broad understanding on how the trade mark system works, and what needs to be done to achieve results both from a commercial and practical perspective.
- Graduate Certificate in Trade Mark Law and Practice, University of Technology Sydney
- Bachelor of Laws – Victoria University Wellington, New Zealand
- Bachelor of Arts (Political Science) - Victoria University Wellington,New Zealand
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland, Australia
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- Registered Trade Mark Attorney
Managing IP Awards (MIP)
World Trade Mark Review