Shannon Fati is a registered Australian Trade Marks Attorney and Special Counsel based in our Brisbane office.
Shannon has a broad range of experience in trade marks, including brand searching and clearance, trade mark filing, prosecution and registration, trade mark portfolio management and advice, trade mark oppositions and removal proceedings, and general dispute resolution.
She has worked with a number of well-known Australian and international brands across many industries including mining and natural resources, construction, software, FMCG, nutritional supplements, food and beverages, fashion, and banking and finance, and is experienced in securing protection for clients in Australia, New Zealand and overseas.
Shannon is a member of the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ) and the Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA). She is admitted as a solicitor in Queensland and New Zealand.
- Graduate Certificate in Trade Mark Law and Practice – University of Technology Sydney
- Bachelor of Laws – Victoria University Wellington, New Zealand
- Bachelor of Arts (Political Science) – Victoria University Wellington, New Zealand
- Registered Trade Marks Attorney
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland, Australia
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- Member, Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia (IPTA)
- Member, Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- Leading Practitioner, World Trade Mark Review – 2019-2021
- Rising Star, Managing IP Awards – 2020