Dr Simone Shu-Yen Lee is a patent attorney based in Melbourne.
Simone has a strong background in physics and specifically optical physics. She enjoys working on a wide range of technologies from mechanical, electrical and software. She is particularly strong working in IT, optics, medical devices, manufacturing, building and construction, and general mechanical devices. She also has extensive experience in design protection.
Simone has acted for a variety of Australian and international clients in protecting their inventions and design registrations since 2013, when she registered as a patent attorney. Prior to that, she worked at the Australian Patent Office (IP Australia) in various roles including: patent examiner, senior process analyst and acting senior patent examiner.
Her patent office experience combined with her work as a patent attorney has given her a deep understanding of the various intellectual property systems from both the public and private sectors, which she uses to advise her clients and guide them step-by-step through those complex processes.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Physics), University of Adelaide
- Master of Industrial Property, University of Technology, Sydney
- Bachelor of Science (Physics) (First Class Honours), University of Melbourne
- Registered Patent Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
- Rising Star, IP Stars – 2022 and 2023