When you need to stand out from the crowd
It’s said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
But when it comes to protecting the IP around what a product looks like, the law doesn’t care whether it’s beautiful or ugly. If a product has new and unique features they can be protected with a Design Registration that entitles the owner to a monopoly over it. These features include the product’s shape, configuration, pattern and/or ornamentation.
In a marketplace crowded with products that may do the same thing, having a unique appearance may be the deciding factor that captures a consumer’s interest and desire to purchase. That feature that makes you look different to everyone else could be the factor that puts your sales above everyone else.
Our lawyers and attorneys have significant experience in Registered Designs, including:
- Filing and prosecuting Designs to certification;
- Identifying the new and distinctive aspects of a Design;
- Australian and international filings for domestic and international clients;
- Handling litigation and dispute resolution;
- Validity opinions on design registrations
- Registration renewals;
- Advise on design portfolio management, and options for managing registered design data to maximize the value of their designs