Export Market Development Grant
The Export Market Development Grant (EMDG) program assists small to medium sized Australian businesses by reimbursing 50% of eligible costs (up to a maximum grant of $150,000) associated with the development of export opportunities.
At Griffith Hack, we collaborate with Glasshouse Advisory, also part of Xenith IP Group, to provide EMDG services. Glasshouse Advisory is an Austrade approved EMDG consultant, and we refer clients to Glasshouse for their experts to assist with the grant process. We confidently advise our clients that the claim submitted for you will be the grant you receive. Being Austrade approved also means that Glasshouse can submit EMDG applications three months beyond the usual 30 November deadline, until 28 February.
Glasshouse provide two service levels for the EMDG:
The ‘full service’ engagement typically includes:
- An initial meeting or conference call to identify EMDG related activities and costs
- Assistance with the collection and collation of the relevant financial documentation, which includes further assessment of the eligibility of each expenditure item
- Preparation and lodgement of an ‘audit ready’ application, which includes assisting to identify and collate any ancillary supporting documentation, necessary to substantiate the application. This includes identifying any areas of weakness within the claim, and proposing suggestions to improve the strength of the claim.
- Attendance at any Austrade audit meeting with respect to your EMDG application
- Preparation of responses to any queries raised by Austrade during the audit meeting
They take a hands-on approach to the claim preparation process to ensure we are able to quickly address any Austrade queries, giving you greater certainty that the grant you submit is the grant you will receive.
The cost of this service varies, dependant on your estimated claim size.
High level review
Some clients prefer to prepare and submit their EMDG application themselves to save on cost, however they may be uncertain as to the accuracy or completeness of their claim or whether they have missed any opportunities for additional expenses. To ease the uncertainty of the self lodging process, Griffith Hack can undertake a review of your EMDG application prior to you lodging your claim, and provide you with a letter of advice identifying strategies to improve the strength and size of your application.
Please note this option is only available to clients wishing to self-lodge their EMDG application. The deadline for self-lodgement is 30 November.
If you would like more information on the EMDG or to discuss further – please get in touch with your regular Griffith Hack contact or Marketing Executive Tracey Gold on 03 9243 8300.