Trade marks used to think nationally. Now they have to think globally. Hundreds of thousands of trade marks come on line every year and there’s a limited number of words and images to represent products. It’s a crowded space, so every business needs to protect its patch.
And so with increasing frequency, companies are looking beyond traditional brand names and logos and using novel trade marks to differentiate themselves.
At the same time, the ease with which ideas can be transported and products copied has grown. Businesses need to be equipped to establish, protect and defend their brands through trade marks.
Our attorneys have extensive experience assisting our clients in identifying and optimising the core value of their businesses. Each member of the group has a thorough understanding of our clients’ businesses and provides practical commercially focused advice to maximise assets, including:
- Advising on trade mark selection and development;
- managing trade mark portfolios;
- trade mark due diligence and audits;
- registrability and infringement searches;
- advising on use of registered and unregistered marks;
- investigating trade mark use;
- trade mark watching and monitoring;
- filing and prosecuting of trade marks;
- facilitating the filing and prosecuting of trade marks;
- opposition proceedings against accepted trade marks;
- advising on infringement and validity of registrations;
- advising on passing off and trade deception; and
- customs seizure notices.
We get it.
Starting and growing a new business is exciting, frustrating, thrilling, scary and rewarding.
You probably feel like you've got a million and one things on your plate demanding your attention. Intellectual property is one of those things and if you haven't considered it yet, you need to.
This is where we can help.
Our trade mark attorneys, patent attorneys and lawyers are not only experts in IP, but also experts in how to make IP work for you. IP is an asset that can be leveraged to create greater value for your business.
Trade marks are a critical part of your business and your IP. It's a sign or symbol that sets you apart from your competitors. Registering and protecting it are essential for the ongoing success of your business.
We've created a package especially for start-ups that focuses on their trade mark needs. We recognise that cash can be tight in the early days of your business and our package ensures every dollar spent goes a long way.
To find out more, download the brochure here.